Dr. Stelios Rekkas MD FACS FASMBS
Dr. Rekkas was raised in Anna Maria Island, Florida. After graduating from Manatee High School he went on to graduate with high honors from the University of Florida. He later went on to attended medical school at Florida State University. He completed his General Surgery residency was at Mount Sinai Medical Center and later completed a fellowship in Minimally Invasive, Bariatric, and Robotic Surgery at Jackson Hospital in Miami, Florida.
He specializes in Minimally Invasive Surgeries that provide less scaring, pain and quicker recovery to his patients. He also is one of the few surgeons in Florida that performs Robotic Surgery using the daVinci Robotic Surgery Platform.
Dr. Rekkas also provides expert medical review and consultation work with a focus in General Surgery and Bariatric Surgery.
- Board Certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery
- SRC Surgeon of Excellence in Robotic Surgery
- Fellowship trained in Minimally Invasive, Robotic and Bariatric Surgery
- Director of Bariatric Surgery at Manatee Memorial Hospital
- Designated Robotic Surgical Proctor on the DaVinci Surgical Platform
- Clinical Consultations
- Expert Testimony and Assessments
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Florida State University Medical School, Tallahassee, FL
Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami, FL
Jackson Health Care System, Miami, FL
- Member: American College of Surgeons
- Member: American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Member: Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Member: American Medical Association
- Member: Manatee County Medical Society